Sampaguita Filigree Stud EarringsRegular price $103.00
Our Sampaguita Filigree Studs combine traditional Philippine artistry with modern-day design.
We’ve taken inspiration from the Sampaguita, also known as Philippine jasmine, a fragrant flower with delicate white petals that symbolizes harmony and purity. It’s no wonder sampaguita is the Philippines’ national flower, with a beautiful fragrance that transports us back to our childhoods and welcomes a new season of growth.
Let them bring you back to tagsibol (Spring) in the Philippines. Handcrafted by a Nanay and Tatay team of artisans in Benguet, our Sibol collection is designed to celebrate your new season of growth, healing, and joy.
About The Craftsmanship: Gold filigree is a meticulous and rare technique perfected by native plateros for centuries, every heirloom carries the proud story of our pre-colonial heritage and of fine Filipino craftsmanship. The platero begins by melting blocks of gold or silver, repeatedly hammering and cooling them until they become fine and delicate threads. The threads are carefully shaped by hand into "kalado" or lace-like patterns inspired by nature. To craft more intricate pieces, the platero individually welds small drops together to form beautiful heirlooms.
- Handcrafted by Filipino artisans in Benguet using the rare art of gold filigree, a pre-Hispanic indigenous technique
- Made of 985 pure silver dipped in 24-karat gold
- Diameter of 1.2cm
- Intended as heirloom pieces, colours will tarnish over time to develop a more antique look
- Nickel-free and lead-free, suitable for sensitive skin
- If you like this necklace, you might also like our Sampaguita Minimalist Pendant Necklace