Also known as the Yugal, the Wedding Unity Cord is a traditional element of Filipino Catholic weddings rooted in the Rosary. Looped in an infinity symbol, the Unity Cord represents everlasting love and fidelity between a couple. Traditionally, using a Rosary-style Yugal reflects a union bound together before God. Pearls add a classic Filipiniana touch.
Though the Yugal is conventionally a Catholic tradition, we encourage you to incorporate Filipino ceremony accessories into your wedding day, no matter your religious background. Our Wedding Unity Cord is also available in a modern non-denominational style.
How To Incorporate It Into Your Wedding
In traditional Filipino weddings, the Cord Sponsors place the Yugal on top of the Wedding Unity Veil. It falls over the couple's shoulders, like a sideways figure eight. Read more on Filipino Wedding Traditions
- Length: Diameter on each side of the knot is 15 inches (or 38 cm)
- Material: Decorative Pearls
- Available in White or Ecru
- Designed and made in the Philippines
- Pearls stringed in the configuration of Rosary Beads, shaped in two loops, and joined in the middle by a crucifix.
- Our Wedding Unity Cord is also available in a minimalist braided design.