Vinia Hardin Fanny PackRegular price $71.00
Much like a gardener faithfully tends to their seedlings, the artisans at Rags2Riches handcraft each bag. They weave panels from overstock fabric, embroider the flowers with raffia ribbon and delicate beadwork, then assemble everything by hand.
The Vinia Fanny Pack is a trusty accessory for those on the go. Extend the strap to wear as a crossbody bag or buckle around the waist for a more classic look. Either way, its half-moon body can hold your keys, smartphone, cards, and other tiny essentials so you can go hands-free and #WearYourHeritage wherever you go!
About The Weaves:
- The Signature R2R Weave is how it all began for Rags2Riches (R2R)! They partner with community artisans across Metro Manila to weave the flap of the Vinia Hardin Fanny Pack. Artisans use strips of overstock fabrics from local factories to help minimize what goes back into our environment.
Pinilian (in Sand & Beige Combo) is a lush brocade-style textile that, when touched, feels as if the intricate pattern floats on its surface. Native to Ilocos, a region rich with weaving heritage, Pinilian is a kind of Inabel or Abel Iloko (Ilocano handwoven textile).
- Kundiman (in Ube) is another kind of Abel Iloko. Sharing its name with a genre of traditional Filipino love song, the Kundiman is typically handwoven into a blanket gifted to newlyweds. As families pass these heirlooms to the next generation, this textile symbolizes the interweaving bond of love.
What you'll love about this piece:
- Proudly made by skilled artisans and craftspeople in the Philippines
- Raffia floral embroidery and beadwork
- Handloomed jute body
- Authentic cowhide leather with handwoven textiles for the strap
- Leather trims, magnetic snap closure, and fabric lining
- Dimensions: 8" x 5.5" x 2"