The Daligan Minimalist Chain Pendant Necklace In Gold FiligreeRegular price $107.00
A minimalist chain necklace with an understated gold filigree pendant, The Daligan is the perfect way to add a touch of Filipiniana to your outfit.
Drawing inspiration from their natural environment, Filipino goldsmiths modelled this piece from the Star Fruit (also known as 'balimbing' in Tagalog), an indigenous fruit found in the Philippines. The Daligan pendant mimics the shape of a star when sliced crosswise, invoking memories of the Philippines and playful trips to the market.
Handcrafted in gold filigree, a meticulous and rare technique perfected by the plateros of Ilocos Sur. Every heirloom carries the proud story of our pre-colonial heritage and of fine Filipino craftsmanship.
The artistry of gold filigree craftsmanship has been practiced by native plateros for centuries. The platero begins by melting blocks of gold or silver, repeatedly hammering and cooling them until they become fine and delicate threads. The threads are carefully shaped by hand into "kalado" or lace-like patterns inspired by nature. To craft more intricate pieces, the platero individually welds small drops together to form beautiful heirlooms.
- Handcrafted by Filipino artisans in Ilocos using the rare art of gold filigree, a pre-Hispanic indigenous technique from the Philippine islands
- Inspired by the botete, the Filipino Pufferfish
- 985 pure silver dipped in 24-karat gold pendant
- Length: Adjustable 16"/18" 92.5% sterling silver dipped in 18-karat gold chain
- Intended as heirloom pieces, colours will tarnish over time to develop a more antique look
- AMAMI is a social enterprise that works to revive endangered Filipino jewelry traditions while empowering and providing local artisans with sustainable livelihoods