Cross Pendant NecklaceRegular price $165.00
Wear your faith close to your heart with our Cross Pendant Necklace. The beaded cross showcases the rich history of religion and ornamental jewelry in the Philippines. Handcrafted in granulation and gold filigree, meticulous techniques perfected by the plateros of Ilocos Sur.
The artistry of gold filigree and granulation have been practiced by native plateros for centuries. The platero begins by melting blocks of gold or silver, repeatedly hammering and cooling them until they become fine and delicate threads. The threads are carefully shaped by hand into “kalado” or lace-like patterns inspired by nature. To craft more intricate pieces, the platero individually welds small granules together to form beautiful heirlooms.
- Handcrafted by Filipino artisans in Ilocos using the rare art of gold filigree, a pre-Hispanic indigenous technique
- Available in Pure silver dipped in 24-karat gold
- Intended as heirloom pieces, colours will tarnish over time to develop a more antique look
- Dimensions: Necklace Length: adjustable 16"-18"
- AMAMI is a social enterprise that works to revive endangered Filipino jewelry traditions while empowering and providing local artisans with sustainable livelihoods