The Daligan Minimalist Chain Pendant Necklace In Gold Filigree
- Local shipping in US & Canada + Global Shipping
- Low stock - 3 items left
- Inventory on the way
A minimalist chain necklace with an understated gold filigree pendant, The Daligan is the perfect way to add a touch of Filipiniana to your outfit.
Drawing inspiration from their natural environment, Filipino goldsmiths modelled this piece from the Star Fruit (also known as 'balimbing' in Tagalog), an indigenous fruit found in the Philippines. The Daligan pendant mimics the shape of a star when sliced crosswise, invoking memories of the Philippines and playful trips to the market.
Handcrafted in gold filigree, a meticulous and rare technique perfected by the plateros of Ilocos Sur. Every heirloom carries the proud story of our pre-colonial heritage and of fine Filipino craftsmanship.
The artistry of gold filigree craftsmanship has been practiced by native plateros for centuries. The platero begins by melting blocks of gold or silver, repeatedly hammering and cooling them until they become fine and delicate threads. The threads are carefully shaped by hand into "kalado" or lace-like patterns inspired by nature. To craft more intricate pieces, the platero individually welds small drops together to form beautiful heirlooms.
- Handcrafted by Filipino artisans in Ilocos using the rare art of gold filigree, a pre-Hispanic indigenous technique from the Philippine islands
- Inspired by the botete, the Filipino Pufferfish
- 985 pure silver dipped in 24-karat gold pendant
- Length: Adjustable 16"/18" 92.5% sterling silver dipped in 18-karat gold chain
- Intended as heirloom pieces, colours will tarnish over time to develop a more antique look
- AMAMI is a social enterprise that works to revive endangered Filipino jewelry traditions while empowering and providing local artisans with sustainable livelihoods
- FREE Shipping to Canada & USA on orders over $79.99
- Worldwide Shipping available at checkout
- Canada & USA Shipping: 3-5 business days
- Ships from Toronto (Canada & Intl customers) and NY State (US Customers)
- Pickup in person available in Toronto (near Scarborough), choose Pickup option in your cart
- Comes with a handwritten note
- If this is a gift and you would like us to include a note with a specific message, indicate it in the "notes" section upon checkout
- Refund available within 7 days, Exchange within 30 days. See details
As this is made of 985 pure silver coated in 24-karat gold, this piece is more durable than traditional gold plated jewelry as there is a thicker layer of gold. It may still tarnish over time, giving it a more vintage look.
To help with long term preservation we recommend to reduce exposure to sweat and perfume and store within an air tight container or our custom AMAMI pouch provided with your order. We recommend not to wear your piece under the shower.
Once your piece has aged, if you prefer the most vibrant look of gold, you may obtain gold replating service from your local jewelry shop.
If you intend to gift this item, care tips are provided with the package.