Loida Creolla Earrings
- Local shipping in US & Canada + Global Shipping
- Low stock - 2 items left
- Inventory on the way
Every day (and outfit) is made sweet and romantic when wearing the Loida Creolla Earrings. These gold earrings are a modern take on the traditional "hoops" (creollas) worn by Filipino women in 1800s Philippines.
As future heirlooms, these earrings carry the proud story of our pre-colonial heritage and of fine Filipino craftsmanship. The intricate flourishes and seven hearts of gold are created by plateros (goldsmiths) in Ilocos Sur through the timeless craft of metal-casting.
The Loida Creollas come into its iconic shape when molten silver is poured into a mold (a.k.a. cast). Once cooled, plateros finish by refining each detail and dipping the earrings in gold. Because each piece is made using traditional techniques, it can take 2 to 3 days to craft a pair of earrings.
- Handcrafted by Filipino artisans in Ilocos using the timeless methods of metal casting
- Made of 985 pure silver dipped in 24-karat gold
- Height of 2.2cm and width of 1.9cm
- Latch back closures
- Intended as heirloom pieces, colors will tarnish over time to develop a more antique look
- Nickel-free and lead-free, suitable for sensitive skin
- Our production partner AMAMI is a social enterprise that works to revive endangered Filipino jewelry traditions while empowering and providing local artisans with sustainable livelihoods
- FREE Shipping to Canada & USA on orders over $79.99
- Worldwide Shipping available at checkout
- Canada & USA Shipping: 3-5 business days
- Ships from Toronto (Canada & Intl customers) and NY State (US Customers)
- Pickup in person available in Toronto (near Scarborough), choose Pickup option in your cart
- Comes with a handwritten note
- If this is a gift and you would like us to include a note with a specific message, indicate it in the "notes" section upon checkout
- Refund available within 7 days, Exchange within 30 days. See details
As this is made of 985 pure silver coated in 24-karat gold, this piece is more durable than traditional gold plated jewelry as there is a thicker layer of gold. It may still tarnish over time, giving it a more vintage look.
To help with long term preservation we recommend to reduce exposure to sweat and perfume and store within an air tight container or our custom AMAMI pouch provided with your order. We recommend not to wear your piece under the shower.
Once your piece has aged, if you prefer the most vibrant look of gold, you may obtain gold replating service from your local jewelry shop.
If you intend to gift this item, care tips are provided with the package.