Sampaguita Minimalist Pendant Necklace
- Local shipping in US & Canada + Global Shipping
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Our Sampaguita Minimalist Necklace combines traditional Philippine artistry with modern-day design.
We’ve taken inspiration from the Sampaguita, also known as Philippine jasmine, a fragrant flower with delicate white petals that symbolizes harmony and purity. It’s no wonder sampaguita is the Philippines’ national flower, with a beautiful fragrance that transports us back to our childhoods and welcomes a new season of growth.
Let this piece bring you back to tagsibol (Spring) in the Philippines. Handcrafted by a Nanay and Tatay team of artisans in Benguet, our Sibol collection is designed to celebrate your new season of growth, healing, and joy.
About The Craftsmanship: Gold filigree is a meticulous and rare technique perfected by native plateros for centuries, every heirloom carries the proud story of our pre-colonial heritage and of fine Filipino craftsmanship. The platero begins by melting blocks of gold or silver, repeatedly hammering and cooling them until they become fine and delicate threads. The threads are carefully shaped by hand into "kalado" or lace-like patterns inspired by nature. To craft more intricate pieces, the platero individually welds small drops together to form beautiful heirlooms.
- Handcrafted by Filipino artisans in Benguet using the rare art of gold filigree, a pre-Hispanic indigenous technique from the Philippine islands
- Gold version is 985 pure silver dipped in 24-karat gold pendant with Sterling silver dipped in 18-karat gold chain
- Length: Adjustable 16"/18"
- Intended as heirloom pieces, colours will tarnish over time to develop a more antique look
- If you like this necklace, you might also like our Sampaguita Filigree Stud Earrings
- FREE Shipping to Canada & USA on orders over $79.99
- Worldwide Shipping available at checkout
- Canada & USA Shipping: 3-5 business days
- Ships from Toronto (Canada & Intl customers) and NY State (US Customers)
- Pickup in person available in Toronto (near Scarborough), choose Pickup option in your cart
- Comes with a handwritten note
- If this is a gift and you would like us to include a note with a specific message, indicate it in the "notes" section upon checkout
- Refund available within 7 days, Exchange within 30 days. See details
As this is made of 985 pure silver coated in 24-karat gold, this piece is more durable than traditional gold plated jewelry as there is a thicker layer of gold. It may still tarnish over time, giving it a more vintage look.
To help with long term preservation we recommend to reduce exposure to sweat and perfume and store within an air tight container or our custom AMAMI pouch provided with your order. We recommend not to wear your piece under the shower.
Once your piece has aged, if you prefer the most vibrant look of gold, you may obtain gold replating service from your local jewelry shop.
If you intend to gift this item, care tips are provided with the package.