Dominique 3-Way Pearl Creolla Earrings
- Local shipping in US & Canada + Global Shipping
- Low stock - 3 items left
- Inventory on the way
Earrings you can wear three ways! Traditional craftsmanship and innovative design come together in our most versatile earrings yet. The floral studs detach so you can wear these as simple studs for everyday, dangling creollas, or combined for elegant evenings out.
Embellished with local Philippine freshwater pearls, the Dominique Pearl Creolla earrings are the Filipiniana take on chandelier earrings. Handcrafted in gold filigree, a meticulous and rare technique perfected by the plateros of Ilocos Sur, every heirloom carries the proud story of our pre-colonial heritage and of fine Filipino craftsmanship.
The artistry of gold filigree craftsmanship has been practiced by native plateros for centuries. The platero begins by melting blocks of gold or silver, repeatedly hammering and cooling them until they become fine and delicate threads. The threads are carefully shaped by hand into "kalado" or lace-like patterns inspired by nature. To craft more intricate pieces, the platero individually welds small drops together to form beautiful heirlooms.
- Handcrafted by Filipino artisans in Ilocos using the rare art of gold filigree, a pre-Hispanic indigenous technique
- Wear combined (first photo) or as flower studs or dangling creollas (third photo)
- Fresh Water Pearls from Halu Island
- Made of 985 pure silver dipped in 24-karat gold
- Dimensions: Height: 6.5cm and Main body: 3x2.3cm
- Authentic pearls have natural imperfections which add to the individuality and unique story of each piece.
- Intended as heirloom pieces, colours will tarnish over time to develop a more antique look
- Nickel-free and lead-free, suitable for sensitive skin
- AMAMI is a social enterprise that works to revive endangered Filipino jewelry traditions while empowering and providing local artisans with sustainable livelihoods